Monday, October 18, 2010

Drama on the Playground

Bella: Mia wasn't talking to me today.
Me: Why wasn't Mia talking to you today?
Bella: Because I was playing with Cash (a little boy in their class).
Me: She didn't like that you were playing with Cash?
Bella: No, because Cash was my baby.

Oh. my. goodness.

Here's another one from the church playground this weekend. All the kids including Bella were outside after the service, playing, running, climbing on the equipment. Charles and I went out to collect Bella, so we called to her and she came running over in tears.

Me: What's wrong? Why are you crying?
Bella: Because all the other kids keep playing with Brandon.
Me: Honey, you're all playing together! It's ok...
Bella: But I want to play with Brandon!

Meanwhile, Brandon has come over and started tickling her as she tries to squirm away.

We walk away and she says, "I want to see Brandon again!"

What is going on?!

No comments: